top of page
Decorative Lighting

Do I Need Medicare If I Worked For a School District?

The short of it is YES. Jason taught high school for over 10 years and is very familiar with the State Teacher Retirement System (STRS). Additionally, Jason's and Connor's mother is a member of the State Employee Retirement System (SERS), so they have made themselves familiar with that too! Both of those retirement systems do offer Medicare Advantage-style coverage once retirees turn 65. Those plans will also cover the retiree's spouse, though usually at a significantly higher rate than the retiree.

We ALWAYS recommend checking out options beyond STRS and SERS as it is important to know what all of your options are, so that you can choose the best coverage for you and/or your spouse.

For a FREE Medicare benefits check, call Jason (614-406-8186) or Connor (614-406-6071).

28 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page